Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tales of an avatar

So, I had fun making my avatar, first on Kaneva which took forever to load on my work computer but wouldn't export, and then finally, at home on Yahoo. It sort of harkens back to the old days of playing with paper dolls. (If you are under 35, you might have to ask your mom or grandma about those) I have watched my sons, who are 18 (almost) and 21 spend a good deal of time creating video game avatars so the process was certainly not unfamiliar. I have also made what were supposed to be virtual models of myself on clothing retailers websites but I must confess to cheating and making them better looking than the reality might be. Virtual me on my blog is as accurate as the current choices let her be.
Kaneva is some sort of virtual life application which asked me if I wanted to go to a party or rave...odd that yahoo avatars is blocked from our users but this is not.

No comments: